Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Surrender and Arctic Flowers

I don't know if I'm built to be a regular blogger, I'm so far behind it's embarrassing. This show happened a month ago on Jan. 26 at the Hazmat in Oakland. It was a peace punk show so I didn't really care much about the bands other than Surrender who play the whole noisy peace punk pretty singing/angry shouting thing really well. I would have loved this band so much when I was 19. Now I'm old and crusty and hate everything so I primarily went to the show to meet up with friends and say hi to Surrender folks. There was a band that opened but they were so great that I forgot their name and don't care.

The headlining band was Arctic Flowers from Portland. They do a less interesting and poppier version of what Surrender does. They aren't as good but competent. The best part of their set was right at the end when some douchebag moshed into a girl and knocked her over and she jumped up and belted him in the face a few times.


There were a lot of hot girls at this show. I need to go to more shows like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment