Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Owen Hart, Blood Hunger

I've fallen behind again. This show was at Gilman on Friday, Jan. 14. I was originally going to another show to see Mata Mata, who I've never seen before, over Owen Hart who are one of my favorite bands but I've seen a few times already.

It was a little weird because the four or so bands that played the first part of the show were all crappy screamo shit that wasn't worth watching so I got there late and hung out with people outside the club who were there to see Owen Hart too. I guess it was a combo show to accommodate Owen Hart's wish to have a Gilman show to release their new record at. Bummer thing was that all the screamo fucks left and the crowd was small.


The other Tacoma band touring with Owen Hart was actually a pretty decent death metal group called Blood Hunger. They were a little goofy, as you can see the singer wore a wolf hood thing that didn't really make me like them any better. They had some competent jams and really it was just the singer who was ridiculous.



Owen Hart played stuff off of their new record and it was hella good. I kind of liked them more when they had two guitarists because they would play off of each other and it was one of those weird things about the band that made them more notable. They still kill and are less gimmicky and more straight ahead. I got the new record but haven't been able to listen to it all the way through yet because my turntable is being a fucking asshole. It keeps switching the speed from 33 to 45 randomly by itself. It might get the toss soon.

After the show I went to the other show I was originally going to but it was dying down into the afterparty. Talked to a bunch of people there and then some people headed over to another house to party some more. As we were leaving some teenage crusties beat up some jackass tagger kid in the street in front of the place.

When we got to Will's house the two Tacoma bands from the Gilman show were staying there. I got pretty messed up with the dudes in Blood Hunger because the goofball singer kept passing me his bottle of whiskey. I stumbled home around 4:30 and don't remember getting in.

No comments:

Post a Comment