Friday, January 14, 2011

Hatred Surge and Mammoth Grinder round 2, plus hipster shit

So this show happened a few days ago at Copland in Oakland. The show was Tuesday the 11th and I got super hammered and spent most of the night hanging out upstairs. I met a dude who might be down to play drums in a metal project I'm trying to put together. I also saw Andreas who used to be in Vitamin Piss and we talked for a bit about how he's living in Sweden now. That's fucking cool.

It was a weird show with a bunch of really bad hipster bands trying to play fastcore or black metal since those are the new hip flavors in music so I didn't even bother with names of bands after immediately realizing that they sucked. Hatread Surge and Mammoth Grinder were fucking awesome again.


I couldn't get a picture of this dude where he isn't making a funny face. He spends lots of time headbanging. Also, the drummer for Mammoth Grinder has like 1% fat and when he plays all his veins stand out and he looks all buff and crazy.


The crusties in the crowd went pretty nuts for both bands, especially Hatred Surge. You can't quite see that shit is going off the hook here but notice that the dude in front of me is getting hit in the back of the head with the headstock of a bass.

This girl that I see at shows and sometimes talk to stood next to me during Hatred Surge and was aggressively dancing. I don't know her name and I don't know where I met her but barring that I think that we might get to the hanging out together level sometime if I can stop myself from being a weirdo long enough. Probably not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment